Where do you display your toys ?

Discussion in 'Show Your Collection' started by plasticXO, Sep 6, 2009.

?

Where do you display your toys (choose one ore more) ?

1. At home - living room (they are great conversation starters)

28 vote(s)
    28.9%
  2. At home - kitchen (it's said to be the heart of the house)

1 vote(s)
    1.0%
  3. At home - bedroom (they watch over me at night)

31 vote(s)
    32.0%
  4. At home - study (they help me concentrate)

22 vote(s)
    22.7%
  5. At home - dedicated room (they are mine, and mine only)

24 vote(s)
    24.7%
  6. At home - everywhere in the house (they own me)

19 vote(s)
    19.6%
  7. At work (they all call me crazy)

12 vote(s)
    12.4%
  8. I don't, they are all in a box in the attic

6 vote(s)
    6.2%
Multiple votes are allowed.
  1. plasticXO

plasticXO Comment King

I think that everyone enjoys his collection in different ways.

So, do you proudly expose them in your living room, do you have a secret place in your house where you enjoy them in a solitary way, do you show them at work ?

2. smo9monster

smo9monster Comment King

They really do help me concentrate at work :D

[​IMG]

3. JoeMan

JoeMan Mini Boss

Where's the option for bathroom.
    I look at my Zudons for inspiration when I'm on the pot.

Nice set up Smo9

4. Hank

Hank Mini Boss

Now that Danielle and I have moved they are in a separate guest bedroom/study. It's perfect because I don't like them to be out in the open. This way I can slip away into the study and enjoy them.

5. Aldo

Aldo Comment King

My small collection sits in my tiny empty dining room.
    [​IMG]

6. bansheebot

bansheebot Super Deformed

In my living room, about three feet from me right now. I spend the most time in this room when home, so I like to be able to see them as much as possible.

7. meanmistert

meanmistert Line of Credit

smo9monster: Awesome lil office you've got!

godspeed: that's a nicely proportioned display cabinet. regardless of what else is/isn't in the dining room.

P.S. Does anyone else have the "Zen rock garden" thing going on with their collection? I am most at peace rearranging & contemplating my toys....

8. kaiwi

kaiwi Addicted

Here's where I have mine:
    [​IMG]

9. Biff

Biff S7 Royalty

Does the dog just guard your collection? :D

10. Vombie

Vombie Vintage

I'm right there with you. but I'm getting to the point where some shelves are great and I don't want to rearrange--only add to. I guess I'm reaching Nirvana with those.

I'm nursing a busted ankle back to fighting form, so when I'm applying heat to it, I'll just pull a chair up to my display cabinet and just take it in.

11. sidd

sidd Fresh Meat

When I first started collecting I had a rule that they were in my bedroom only. I felt if they spilled out all over the house they would stop being special because you would see them everywhere. WHAT was I thinking?

Now they are in every room. And there are lots of them. Having a big Uglydoll plush collection makes it kind of hard to control. They have a mind of their own. Adding to that the Kaiju and vinyl, I now live in a toy world. I love it.

Tomorrow I'm putting up even more shelves for the new arrives from Kicking Ass and Taking Names.

Ikea makes some of my favorite thin shelves for the wall. I can always squeeze another one of those babies on in someplace.

12. plasticXO

plasticXO Comment King

Basically I feel the same, but I am also concerned with all the toys that are still in their bag or package and that I can't display right now. I have very few space left in the only room where I display them... This is annoying me a lot.

13. vinylhammer

vinylhammer Toy Prince

Mine are spread out over my living room, bedroom and my decks/music room. They always start conversations and generally, people like what they see. But then there is'nt much not too like.

14. cliff

cliff Addicted

my toys are in the living room on 2 big book shelves on either side of my itty bitty 13" tv...I think there are some toys that are bigger than my tv hahaha.

15. Aldo

Aldo Comment King

Glad no one keeps their toys in the kitchen, seems like way too much room for error.

16. JAY

JAY Super Deformed

At the study cum office--as a writer, I always draw inspiration from anything that's interesting; colors and form, visual orgasm from my toys.

[​IMG]

17. blakewest

blakewest Post Pimp

One wall of our living room came with a built in gun case and wet bar. The part of the case for shotguns/rifles has glass doors, so I took out the bracket for the guns and put up some shelves. I'm sure that the guns replaced by toys would really make the original owner/builder of the house sad, but he's dead now. No signs of haunting yet.

18. plasticXO

plasticXO Comment King

This seems indeed a quiet place. And there is still room for more sources of inspiration ^ ^

Yeah, I've still put the option hoping no one would select it... I guess I could have listed the bathroom too...