A question for those who airbrush toys...

Discussion in 'Custom Toys and Fan Art' started by The_Puzzo, Nov 26, 2007.

1. The_Puzzo

The_Puzzo Toy Prince

2. pickleloaf

pickleloaf Super Deformed

i'm by no means an expert, but this is less than what i paid for a similar set.

i think it is missing some hoses though. like from the compressor to the moisture filter or something... a big coiled hose

3. toybotstudios

toybotstudios Die-Cast

i purchased a similar package from the same guys. very happy with it. I got the Iwata HP C+. it might be worth checking out one of the packages that has a compressor with an air tank. that way, the thing doesn't have to constantly run (as they get quite hot). I think I paid $50 more....

4. The_Puzzo

The_Puzzo Toy Prince

I thought about that until I read the compressor's description.
    It touches on the overheating problem -

AIRBRUSH-DEPOT Mini Compressor
    Our new featured mini compressor is an Oil-less Maintenance-Free 1/8HP Auto-Stop (Preset at 60 PSI), Thermal Protected unit with much higher quality standards built in than most other airbrush compressors on the market today. Mini airbrush compressor TC 20 is designed to work only when you do. With this unique automatic on/off shutoff switch, it only operates when you are airbrushing. This "Air-On-Demand" feature allows the compressor to operate much cooler and avoid overheating problems that frequently plague other compressor models. The new TC 20 delivers more air volume (CFM) and pressure (PSI) than any airbrush demands and is much quieter than our competitors. The unit has a water trap to ensure clean, dry air, and the true diaphragm regulator & Gauge which allows you to accurately control the air pressure to the airbrush from 0 to 60 PSI. Our TC-20 compressor comes with a full one year warranty and your assurance of the quality that you have come to expect with all of our fine AirBrush-Depot products.

I also saw this package with a "Tank Compressor"
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayI ... 96406&rd=1

Thanks for your input all !!!

5. toybotstudios

toybotstudios Die-Cast

yeah, the 2nd one is the guy i have,

without the tank, it runs only when you're spraying i guess, with a tank, it stores compressed air and only turns once in a while....much more efficient me thinks.....

6. The_Puzzo

The_Puzzo Toy Prince

Ok... I'm super-close to making my final decision.

It's down to these two -

The Iwata High Performance HP-C Plus
    http://www.iwata-medea.com/products/air ... c_info.jsp

Iwata Eclipse Series HP-CS
    http://www.iwata-medea.com/products/air ... s_info.jsp

They are so close in price, so that is not an issuse
    The Eclipse Series seems to be more versatile and has a wider spray pattern.
    I studied all the specs and uses

I realize the decision is ultimately up to me, but I'm just looking for some thoughts from people who might have used either of these.

Thanks for the help !