Vintage Aurora Monster Models-Custom Paint

Discussion in 'Show Your Collection' started by onibaba5, Mar 9, 2007.

1. onibaba5

onibaba5 Post Pimp

I know these aren't Japanese vinyl but in addition to loving Japanese Kaiju, I'm a big American/English monster fan as well.
    I thought you custom paint fellas would appreciate these wonderfully painted models I acquired.
    These are original, vintage built up, filled, sanded, etc...and painted Aurora models of Frankenstein, Wolfman and the Creature. These were built and painted by an unbelievable artist in Canada who followed the color pallet James Bama used on the classic paintings he did for the Aurora model's box art. I hope you guys enjoy the pics.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Pogue

Pogue Die-Cast

amazing. the fades in the clothing are perfect.

3. Rich

Rich Die-Cast

Wow those are just stunning !!

It looks like an illustration came to life. Flawless !!!

Whats the artists name ???

4. blashyrkh

blashyrkh Addicted

Those are so sweet my teeth hurt

5. Mutonismyfriend

Mutonismyfriend Die-Cast

Fantastic! Even though I'm not into this kind of stuff usually, I would LOVE to have those in my case - VERY NICE score!

6. Chad Hensley

Chad Hensley Post Pimp

Those are great. As a little kid I had the Aurora franky, drac, creature, kong, godzilla, hunchback, and forgotten prisoner all built up with glow pieces...

7. vintagevinyl

vintagevinyl Line of Credit

thankyou for sharing ! those models look great ! love the creature model as its probably my favorite american movie monster ever .

8. subterranean

subterranean Addicted

amazing! the detail on the painting is so great!!
    and funny, last night i was thinking about model kits too...

9. subterranean

subterranean Addicted

amazing! the detail on the painting is so great!!
    and funny, last night i was thinking about model kits...

10. onibaba5

onibaba5 Post Pimp

I love the Creature too. Part of my collection includes signed photos from Ben Chapman who played the Creature outside the water. Till this day when I see Julie Adams in the film I still drool...Hubba Hubba!

11. Biff

Biff S7 Royalty

Don't forget that an unknown studio contracted actor named Clint Eastwood had a bit part as a wacky lab assistant (or was he a scientist?)

And those models are nice. I had some of the Aurora GID kits, but my little kid glue & paint skills were not so hot. Plus I busted them all playing with them. (Maybe it was the glue?)

12. redhanded

redhanded Side Dealer

Fantastic! Great paint jobs on those guys!

One more reason we need a kaiju garage kit section here...

HINT HINT

:)

13. shibby

shibby Comment King

AWESOME! Loving those kits, and the paint is out of sight!

14. locomoto566

locomoto566 Super Deformed

Those are insane!

15. KJB

KJB Comment King

Ha ha! Me too - those are still one of my fondest memories. I think that's where my love of GID comes from . . .

But, man, those paint jobs are nuts! Great work.

16. onibaba5

onibaba5 Post Pimp

The talented artist's name that built and painted these is Neil Leadbeater. He does do commission work so he welcomes folks contacting him. Neil can be reached at: neill06@telus.net if anyone is interested. Glad everyone responded so positive towards his work. The pics don't really do it justice, in person these are amazing!

17. Paulkaiju

Paulkaiju Mini Boss

Beautifuly painted classics!