Non- Vinyl American toys

Discussion in 'Americans and Other Western Gaijin' started by straightoutta..LOKASH, Jun 21, 2009.

1. rattanicus

rattanicus Mini Boss

Name:
    rei
    flickr:
    rattanicus
    Non- Vinyl American toys
    [​IMG]

2. The Moog

The Moog Die-Cast

Non- Vinyl American toys
    An expensive little vintage bauble . . . but i'm worth it ;)
    1986 My Pet Monster Clip-on.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

3. rattanicus

rattanicus Mini Boss

Name:
    rei
    flickr:
    rattanicus
    Non- Vinyl American toys
    [​IMG]

4. animator

animator Mr. Freshly Smacked Ass Staff Member

Name:
    David
    Instagram:
    davidjcoffman
    Non- Vinyl American toys
    ^ Skips!!!

5. rattanicus

rattanicus Mini Boss

Name:
    rei
    flickr:
    rattanicus
    Non- Vinyl American toys
    Really love this White TigerZord! Half-price at toys r us, and I'm glad I picked it up. A beautiful toy that brings the joy of playing with robots back for me.
    [​IMG]

6. 3wing

3wing Addicted

Name:
    Neil
    Instagram:
    neil_ewing
  7. 3wing

3wing Addicted

Name:
    Neil
    Instagram:
    neil_ewing
    Non- Vinyl American toys
    This new one is killer. I have the vintage one.

8. Headhunter

Headhunter Line of Credit

Non- Vinyl American toys
    This is not really an American toy. Considering Bandai is mainly Japanese but i dig it. XD

9. rattanicus

rattanicus Mini Boss

Name:
    rei
    flickr:
    rattanicus
    Non- Vinyl American toys
    Agreed~ but if I can buy it off a toys r us shelf, it's "American" to me ;)

10. rattanicus

rattanicus Mini Boss

Name:
    rei
    flickr:
    rattanicus
    Non- Vinyl American toys
    [​IMG]
    Imaginext Samurai, beefed up~

11. Headhunter

Non- Vinyl American toys
    ^^^ Wow Rattanicus, those Samurai are really freaking sweet haha! I actually bought a few of those Articulated Icons Feudal figures. Ill post them this year once the shipment finally come in.

I have some toys as well to post now that i know there is another action figure thread. Ill post them in a little bit here.

12. ultrakaiju

ultrakaiju Die-Cast Staff Member

Non- Vinyl American toys
    Excellent one, Rei. I was never as into the Sentai shows as the standard 'hero' tokusatsu, but that does not mean all that I don't still like them (just that I am more obsessed with the others). :razz: A fantastic toy, giant robots FTW!

I think it is generally agree that this thread is more for non-'sofubi' related stuff, though, granted, that covers quite a wide range of items; and while this might have also applied in a another category or two maybe, it's a good place here as well. While the show might be Japanese in origin, very little - if any - of these production toys are coming from Japan, and in addition, as pointed out, can be found at standard toy outlets. So I don't think it really fits within the niche category of the usually stuff posted here - though a lot of people appreciate them just the same. So for those reasons I give it a pass, and a thumbs up.

13. 3wing

3wing Addicted

Name:
    Neil
    Instagram:
    neil_ewing
    Non- Vinyl American toys
    I've always considered Sentai as the beautiful Superflat cultural conversation between the US and Japan. Power Rangers is an interesting World conversation.

14. Headhunter

Non- Vinyl American toys
    I hated that fucking show so bad. It was SOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO over the top cheesy with the dubed English acting and it has nothing to do with it being Japanese it was just so bad! XD

The robots were top notch though and i do like them hence my conflicting interest with the show.

15. Headhunter

Non- Vinyl American toys
    So it looks like Dreamworks and Playmate toys has infact acquired the rights to the Voltron franchise. I have mixed feelings about this. First i want the show to be almost as good as the cartoon and not shitty like that half baked CGI version was a couple years back. Second i love the idea of Playmates working with the toy so more Americans can experience the nostalgia from the 80s however what i don't want to see is a bunch of half assed semi ok painted figures. Far to often iv had to scour the toy aisles for decent paint on the figures they have made because unfortunately to many factory screw ups make it on the toy shelves more often than not.

"HONG KONG — Let’s Voltron! Playmates Toys and DreamWorks Animation today announced plans for a new toy line based on the new DreamWorks Animation series Voltron: Legendary Defender, a re-imagining of the classic property featuring five teenage pilots and mystical robot lions, set to debut as a Netflix Original Series in 2016. Playmates Toys will serve as the master toy licensee and will create an expansive line of toys set to launch in spring 2017.

“We are excited to work with DreamWorks Animation on the resurgence of such a beloved brand, and are looking forward to providing nostalgic fans and new audiences with a heroic space adventure toy line,” said Thomas Chan, CEO of Playmates Toys. “We are dedicated to developing an innovative line of toys that will bring the series to life, allowing fans to be immersed in the epic adventures of Voltron, as the team liberates the universe.”

“Voltron is an incredible property, rich with mythology and lore, and we couldn’t be more excited to collaborate with Playmates Toys to bring this legendary defender to life off the screen,” said Tim Erickson, Global Head of Licensing, DreamWorks Animation. “Voltron: Legendary Defender is an action-packed series that will have kids lining up to see what Playmates has in store.”

Voltron: Legendary Defender follows five unsuspecting teenagers as they are transported from Earth into the middle of a sprawling intergalactic war and become pilots for five mystical robotic lions in a battle to protect the universe from evil. Only through the true power of teamwork can they unite their lions to form the mighty warrior known as Voltron. Voltron: Legendary Defender premieres on Netflix in 2016."

[​IMG]

16. 3wing

3wing Addicted

Name:
    Neil
    Instagram:
    neil_ewing
    Non- Vinyl American toys
    Wouldn't it be great to get some die cast bits in the Playmates run?

17. Headhunter

Non- Vinyl American toys
    Im thinking they might do something like this for a limited time. Im going to be keeping an eye out for sure.

And it looks like they are going with a cell shaded CGI look to Voltron which is good. Definitely looks WAY better than the all CGI version a few years back. Can't wait to see how big the toy will be.

[​IMG]

18. 3wing

3wing Addicted

Name:
    Neil
    Instagram:
    neil_ewing
    Non- Vinyl American toys
  19. Sanjeev

Sanjeev Post Pimp

flickr:
    sanjeev666
    Instagram:
    brownnoize
    Non- Vinyl American toys
    Yeah, cautiously hopeful about the new Voltron as well. I figure since they've had so many false starts over the years, maybe they've finally gotten it into their heads that they should try and cater to the adult/nostalgia market with *actually* decent writing and production value.

And, yeah, diecast toys, please! (Or an official licensed version of that Lego set!)

20. Headhunter

Non- Vinyl American toys
    I do love me some Resident Evil/ Biohazard! :razz:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Some of the older SOTA Toys Street Fighter Figures. Iv always been fond of this line even if allot of the older figures and color variants can be super hard to find.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

And some older Spawn stuff. :razz:

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

21. 3wing

3wing Addicted

Name:
    Neil
    Instagram:
    neil_ewing
    Non- Vinyl American toys
  22. Michael Beverage

Michael Beverage Line of Credit

Non- Vinyl American toys
    AAAAGHH! NOOOOOOO! Mine eyes see McFarlane toys on this page (fixes index fingers in shape of a cross, rushes hurriedly away :lol: ).

23. Headhunter

Non- Vinyl American toys
    Thats quite an old X Men toy you have there. One of the first figures made in action figure form i believe.

24. boon velvet

boon velvet Post Pimp

Name:
    JP
    Instagram:
    boonvelvet
    Non- Vinyl American toys
    There were a few to come before, in the 70s and 80s, but that's the first toybiz Wolverine.

That one was one of my favorites as a kid. You can't beat retractable claws and a removable mask that doubles as a ring.

My first wolvie was the Secret Wars figure.

[​IMG]
    Not my image.

25. Headhunter

Non- Vinyl American toys
    ^^^ Oh yeah i forgot all about those! I was born in 1984 so i BARELY remember any of that. I do remember seeing allot of Kenner Star Wars figures in a comic book shop out where i used to live as well as some old Clash Of The Titan figures.