The Walking Dead television series!!!!

Discussion in 'Whatever' started by deadboy, Aug 12, 2009.

1. The Moog

The Moog Die-Cast

Weed makes everything better, thats cheating . . . ;)

2. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    Yeah, well anything can seem like like the greatest moment on television when you're high Monkey! Doesn't mean it is lol. I once watched that made for TV movie on the Jacksons (The American Dream) in 1992 tripping on mushrooms and could have sworn I was visiting another planet. Doesn't mean I was.

EDIT: Damn me and Moog thought of the same reply at the same time. I must be on another planet lol

3. Greasebat

Greasebat Side Dealer

Yes! I also like how he let loose an arena full of zombies and they calmly followed him to the main gate of the compound, like somebody walking a cat on a leash.

You touched on one of my biggest complaints reference the military vehicles laying around...even a simple armored Humvee is completely zombie proof with the windows up & doors locked, not too mention nearly indestructible with redundant systems and things like metal control rods instead of cables, it can ford armpit deep water etc...yet they decide to ride around in the open back of an old pick up truck.

No military vehicles have keys either, anybody that can read instructions (usually posted right by the drivers seat) and push a button could drive away in one...frustrating.

Anyway. I've watched my last episode, like Waterbear said, a lame soap opera with a few zombies thrown in.

4. ---NT---

---NT--- Prototype

OMG, but that shot of the yacht out on the ocean? Would it have been so hard to actually film a boat on the water? That looked like some Looney Tunes-level animation!

I'll continue watching the show. I like it. But it's probably the worst show that I have watched or will watch.

5. toothaction

toothaction Team Tsubu Staff Member

Name:
    David
    flickr:
    toothaction
    Instagram:
    thebeautifulpuffin
    Good call! If only this was the virus that was plaguing the world. ;)

6. Philpenn

Philpenn Toy Prince

Why again did Strand need Stannis Jr for his plan?

7. SaintOfSpinners

SaintOfSpinners Side Dealer

Instagram:
    monkwgun
    LA is in the top 10 for most traffic congested cities in the world yet during this apocolypse at the end scene everywhere is empty except that one long thin line on an overpass? Original Walking Dead did it far better. There should be cars everywhere. Pushed up against each other. Doors open. On sidewalks. In the waterways. Etc etc.

Just one more annoyance to add to the list. So far I've dropped 3 shows from this seasons hopefuls. Guess this is one the list too.

8. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    LMAO. I was wondering that as well. Probably something we have to tune into season 2 for (nope!). My guess is will have something to do with all those disconcerting looks Strand kept giving once they got to this luxury home. Either that or he has the hots for Stannis Jr's mom! But the plan apparently is more than just breaking out of military prison. I also guarantee someone is on that boat already.

9. Monkey

Monkey Line of Credit

Cheating is for winners. 8)

I like shitty stuff. Kamen Rider episodes, Vincent Price movies, Iron Maiden concerts, I don't discriminate. If it has the right mix of lack of fucks, and crazy, I'm in. Everything can suck, it's all in how you look at it. And when you look at it high... SO much the better. ;)

10. toothaction

toothaction Team Tsubu Staff Member

Name:
    David
    flickr:
    toothaction
    Instagram:
    thebeautifulpuffin
    ^ You have some interesting theories, sir. Please PM me for my home address so that you can mail me some of this "weed" that you speak of. I, too, would like to enjoy everything.

11. The Moog

The Moog Die-Cast

Watched the last episode yesterday evening.

For some reason i thought 'Fear' would be very different to the original show - which is obviously not the case after these 6 initial episodes.
    Its basically the same thing with a different group of people. The whole tone and writing style seem pretty much the same to me.

I keep wondering how the hell this was approved, apart from the fact 'The Walking Dead' is such a mammoth success story.
    They had a chance to hone and improve everything but they have chosen to basically do the exact same thing all over again . . . .

I suppose its a case of 'Why feed pigs cherries when they are happy with shit?'.

12. Greasebat

Greasebat Side Dealer

...another annoyance! I think he told him "I could use a man of your talents"...meanwhile all he had been doing was puking and being miserable from detoxing off heroin. Just what you need as a survival partner.

13. Monkey

Monkey Line of Credit

You make it so I don't go to jail for it with your "democracy" powers and I will farm the shit up for you day and night boss. 8)

The glass isn't half full or half empty, I just need a refill.

14. dtoes

dtoes Toy Prince

Name:
    Drew
    Instagram:
    un.affiliated
    All the topics have been discussed but I had to say, I was hoping for a fun little series at the beginning but man did this show take a dump. It felt so rushed and jam packed with material that was not interesting at all. And like someone who mentioned above, it felt like the WD group but in LA except this group wanted to hug every zombie they come across! And that pied piper scene completely pissed me off, at least show how you baited a whole hoard of zombies! Six episodes in and they still arent collecting weapons and survival materials. I feel like this has turned into the "WD complaint" thread haha. Anyone watch the flight thing yet?

15. ---NT---

---NT--- Prototype

Do you think that they may have cut the season short (since when is SIX EPISODES a season!?!) because of how awful it is? Maybe they were getting negative feedback so they rushed an ending in order to re-group and try to make a decent season 2? Or was it always suppose to be a six episode "season"?

I'm getting really sick of the shortening of seasons. Ten- and twelve-episode seasons are bad enough, but 6- and 8-episode seasons are a joke.

16. Anti Social Andy

Anti Social Andy Die-Cast

I was stoked about news of 'Flight 462' . . . until I saw it was only 1 minute 26 seconds long! WTF?

We have Zombies on land, it looks like we're gonna get zombies on a boat . . . it's a shame that 'Zombies on a plane' got written during the coffee-break! :(

17. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    AMC did that with the original Walking Dead as well. It's done to save money. AMC is very cheap and is all about maximizing profits- none of this 'it's about the story' BS that may have been true 6-7 years ago! Basically these episodes cost a lot, so why budget for 16 when you can test the waters with 6. If it gets good ratings (i.e.we can sell a lot of commercial air time for big $$$ due to the key demographic age 18-49 watching in large numbers) season 2 gets green lighted for a full 16, which it did. But yeah if you actually like stories and real character development, not writers puppets with dumb scenes to reinforce who they are and are boring, you're shit out of luck!

With 6 episodes to do season 1 in, we should all have known AMC had two choices: A) Slow burn, but meaty and intriguing: "Oh wow how will this play out? I love these characters, tough choices, wow what would I do in this situation?" or B) Lowest common denominator: Who cares if no one likes the characters, they'll tune in it's a zombie show. We can write them any way we want! Plots don't have to make sense, hell neither do the characters just as long as it pushes our timeline along with a few zombies every episode and we'll budget for the most for the finale! Let's just keep doing the non sensical formula we've been using for a long time. They'll still tune in and we make boatloads of cash on commercial air time!

Guess which choice AMC made?

The Flight 462 is just another cheap trick to keep people watching. It was probably suggested by an ad executive. "Don't want people tuning out during the commercials?" Keep em' hooked by randomly throwing in this minute segment showing zombies on a plane. The survivor is going to be a character next season. Hahhahah get it? Just like Survivor the tv show? We do that for a minute every episode for 16 WD episodes no one will ever tune out! Bingo...

18. Kevlo9

Kevlo9 Super Deformed

I figure the short season (of Fear) was just a primer leading up to the new season of Walking Dead. Just enough to get folks interested.

I figure next year we will have the 2 Walking Dead series cover the majority of the year (back to back).

BTW, who keeps letting Nicotero direct episodes??!! He is not a good director and needs to stick with what he's good at...making zombies!

19. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    I've been saying this for years! Not only is he bad at directing I'm sure he's holding AMC hostage because he does all the makeup and has parlayed that into getting to direct the best episodes (premieres, finales, mid season finales) Look on wiki for the last 3 seasons his name is on all the choice directing slots. I hate Nicotero. He reminds me of some trailer park trash creepy uncle who rolled out of bed half wasted ready to get his creep back on.

20. The Moog

The Moog Die-Cast

I thought the new season premier was entertaining enough . . . i could of done without the 'black & white' segments though.
    It looked more 'de-saturated' than black and white to me. The blacks aren't black enough and the contrast looked muddy.
    It just made me think my TV had broke.

21. ---NT---

---NT--- Prototype

Agreed. it was also much harder to immediately identify some characters in some scenes with the color bleached out. Overall I found it jarring, rather than enhancing.

22. Waterbear

Waterbear Line of Credit

Didn't dislike the episode but like you said the black and white wasn't very black or white at all. I thought maybe it was tv settings making it look bad but I guess not.

EDIT - The second episode was pretty great.

23. nefasth

nefasth Mini Boss

flickr:
    nefasth
    Instagram:
    nefasth
    Best episode since the Governor left the screen.
    [​IMG]

24. psilo110

psilo110 Post Pimp

Instagram:
    1ll_3quipt
    I am convinced Fear the Walking Dead was so awful as to make the new season of The Walking Dead seem like pure genius. If I had one complaint, it's how stupid Coral was last night...

after shooting the wolf to save Roy / protect Enid. This is someone who put a bullet in his own mother's head, yet somehow hearing OWWW MY LEG fills him with compassion for a group of savages actively destroying the peace & sanctity they came to Alexandria for.

25. SaintOfSpinners

SaintOfSpinners Side Dealer

Instagram:
    monkwgun
    If your reading this you dont need a *spoiler...

Morgan ruined the whole episode for me. I felt he was practically saying to the wolves, "You need to regroup, replan, and come try this again. You've tried to kill me twice now. Third times a charm."

What was the point? Do wolves want food? Slaves? Chaos? Seemed like they had no plan or desire except slaughter.