Metal.

Discussion in 'Whatever' started by Bitterpill, Jun 25, 2013.

1. Bitterpill

Bitterpill Comment King

Name:
    Erik
    Instagram:
    bitterpillbox
    Metal.
    Haven't picked up the Hirax....yet. Katon W. DePena fronted a hardcore band locally for a bit...I think about them everytime I see that Hirax logo ( which I had no idea Warrior did :lol: )

The Tryptikon album almost seems like a modern 'Into The Pandemonium' to me...he even uses the clean vocals, and has a female vocal presence. I hope it grows on you....a 2014 album of the year candidate for me.

2. Bitterpill

Bitterpill Comment King

Name:
    Erik
    Instagram:
    bitterpillbox
    Metal.
    Double post pimping of another album i'm obsessing over at the moment. I'll let the music do the talking. Morbus Chron ' Sweven '

3. hellointerloper

hellointerloper S7 Royalty

Name:
    Maddie
    Instagram:
    hellointerloper
    Metal.
    Not sure how many people here are fans of melodic metal, but this album is incredible.

If you have any doubts, it might be worthwhile to know that one of their songs, "And Plague Flowers the Kaleidoscope" is being shown to music students alongside Beethoven at the Sydney Conservatorium of Music. Heavy stuff!

http://www.metalunderground.com/news/details.cfm?newsid=93367

4. nefasth

nefasth Mini Boss

flickr:
    nefasth
    Instagram:
    nefasth
    Metal.
    Finally got the shirt I wanted when I was 14 : )

[​IMG]

5. Bitterpill

Bitterpill Comment King

Name:
    Erik
    Instagram:
    bitterpillbox
    Metal.
    Not a huge fan of Ne Obliviscaris, but I like this album. The first group I think of really enjoying in this genre is Wintersun. Love me some Wintersun.
    I love the occasional metal/classical combo. My favorite being the Wargasm version of Louis Claude Daquin's Le Coucou

6. Bitterpill

Bitterpill Comment King

Name:
    Erik
    Instagram:
    bitterpillbox
    Metal.
    ^ Nice HHR shipment, S ! I sold it a long time ago, but i'm pretty sure my copy of Kreator's Endless Pain was on Banzai records. I imagine most of your metal scores from youth were on Banzai ?

7. nefasth

nefasth Mini Boss

flickr:
    nefasth
    Instagram:
    nefasth
    Metal.
    Yeah - Banzai was my way in to a lot of music. The label was own by a great metal shop, Rock en Stock. I used to spend my high school lunch money in that place !
    Unfortunately the store was shot down a long time ago because the owner was a bootlegger too.

There is a Banzai tribute page http://www.banzai-records.duludepostprod.com/index.html

These are the legendary LP with the speed metal swirl (As for me, I still have my Hellhammer / Celtic Frost / Voïvod / Possessed albums - others were trade or sold :oops: ) :

[​IMG]

8. ---NT---

---NT--- Prototype

Metal.
    I don't know why it took me so long to give these guys a chance, but it's about all I've been listening to lately! I think Time Is Up is my favorite of their albums, but all of them really do shred your face. Brutal drumming and everything is just very tight. Gonna try to go see them when they swing through in June.

9. Bitterpill

Bitterpill Comment King

Name:
    Erik
    Instagram:
    bitterpillbox
    Metal.
    ^ Oh hell yes, Havok is a great thrash band. Would probably be considered legendary if they were born in a different era. I recently revisited another great modern thrash album, Lich King's 'Born Of The Bomb'.....so good.

10. nefasth

nefasth Mini Boss

flickr:
    nefasth
    Instagram:
    nefasth
    Metal.
    I really love Lich King. Along with Vektor, they are my favourite among the american thrash revival scene !
    Another retro band I enjoy is Stormwrath, for Spain.

11. Bitterpill

Bitterpill Comment King

Name:
    Erik
    Instagram:
    bitterpillbox
    Metal.
    ^ Oooohhh nice. Was not aware of these guys, good stuff :D sweet album cover too...

12. nefasth

nefasth Mini Boss

flickr:
    nefasth
    Instagram:
    nefasth
    Metal.

13. Bitterpill

Bitterpill Comment King

Name:
    Erik
    Instagram:
    bitterpillbox
    Metal.
    Dang....that kid killed it !

14. Bitterpill

Bitterpill Comment King

Name:
    Erik
    Instagram:
    bitterpillbox
    Metal.
    Metal mail.

[​IMG]

Also enjoying the new Overkill ( nice song title :razz: )

And I sincerely hope i'm never musically sophisticated enough to not like a good pirate metal band :razz:

15. Bitterpill

Bitterpill Comment King

Name:
    Erik
    Instagram:
    bitterpillbox
    Metal.
    Random bad ass old school metal video.....ATTACK !

16. The Moog

The Moog Die-Cast

Metal.
    ^^ Mate, i was so into Frost when i was a teenager . . . Tom G Warrior's 'Death Grunt' and all.

I painted the 'To Mega Therion' album cover on my leather jacket (which was a Giger painting).
    I think Morbid Tales, To Mega Therion & Into the Pandemonium stand up really well today . . . .

17. Bitterpill

Bitterpill Comment King

Name:
    Erik
    Instagram:
    bitterpillbox
    Metal.
    Moog was a hessian headbanger ?!?!? Hell yes ! I used to draw band logos on my denim jacket....had the patches, buttons,spikes.....for some reason it was ritual for me and my fellow thrashers to write all over our shoes too. Come clean, you're stage diving in that video aren't you ?
    Couldn't agree more. Never stopped listening to them since I first heard them, and would place all three in my top 25 metal albums of all time.

Random bad ass old school metal video.....ATTACK !

18. The Moog

The Moog Die-Cast

Metal.
    ^^ Had a few Venom picture discs i thought were the coolest . . . . sold them years ago!

I do appear very, very briefly in the Anthrax video 'Oidivnikufesin'.
    I'm the kid at 1:46 that does the tongue and middle finger to the camera coming up the stairs
    (directly behind the kid with glasses). Blink and you miss it :lol:

I found an old photo of that leather jacket i painted. I did loads over the years. I also did commissions for other people.
    I remember being particularly proud of the Damage Inc. logo i did for someone's girlfriend (the original Pushead design).

[​IMG]

An old one of me. I totally forgot i had these photos. :)
    [​IMG]

19. Bitterpill

Bitterpill Comment King

Name:
    Erik
    Instagram:
    bitterpillbox
    Metal.
    ^ Holy shit.....that rules! Excellent work on the jacket, I can see why you ended up receiving commission work. I have no idea what happened to the pics of my friends and I during the hessian days, but I did recently find a cut-up bootleg Ratt shirt that I placed all of my old buttons on....i'll have to snap a pic soon and share, pretty amusing.

Love the buttons you posted on flickr btw....good idea, might have to do the same :)

In honor of your Anthrax appearance, another bad ass old school metal video...

20. The Moog

The Moog Die-Cast

Metal.
    ^^ Cool. I always liked their vids. Yeah, post a pic of your buttons. I have no idea where most of mine ended up.
    Only a few stayed with me . . . i dont remember selling them or anything :?

I saw Anthrax supporting Metallica back in the day. It was just before Cliff Burton died.
    I remember the stage diving got so bad it started to ruin the gig.

One of Anthrax's guitarists kept clunking the divers on the head with his guitar headstock.

When Metallica came on they threatened to stop the show if the divers did'nt chill out.
    I think it was after a dude tripped over some wires . . . which unplugged a bunch of stuff at the front of the stage!

21. Bitterpill

Bitterpill Comment King

Name:
    Erik
    Instagram:
    bitterpillbox
    Metal.
    Wow. That's quite a show to have witnessed. I saw Metallica with the mighty Cliff Burton when they were supporting Ozzy. My friend bootlegged the show on a micro cassette recorder, then we worked feverishly to transfer it to regular cassette....sounded so horrible, but we must have listened to it hundreds of times.

It appears The Moog, Bitterpill, and Nefasth all grew up during the same era....good times, wouldn't trade our heyday for any other in history :D

Watched this classic the other day :lol:

22. nefasth

nefasth Mini Boss

flickr:
    nefasth
    Instagram:
    nefasth
    Metal.
    OK, I'll chip in :lol:

First time I heard Metallica in a live context, it was not from Metallica !

Then I catched them in 89, on their second time in town (first couple shows were in 85'). I have'nt bothered since.

23. The Moog

The Moog Die-Cast

Metal.
    ^^ Speaking of cover versions and Metallica, i always really enjoyed their 'Garage Days Re-Revisited' 12" . . . .
    with obscure tracks by Diamond Head and Budgie etc.

Indeed classic, i've lost count how many times i've recommended this to people over the years.
    Bad News Tour & More Bad News. So many funny moments:

Like when Vim is being interviewed on a weird angle and he keeps craning his neck round to face the camera.

. . . .and when he's in the kitchen with music blasting and he's shouting . . THE LYRICS, LISTEN TO THE LYRICS!!!
    Just when the song goes into an instrumental break :lol:

[​IMG]

24. nefasth

nefasth Mini Boss

flickr:
    nefasth
    Instagram:
    nefasth
    Metal.
    [​IMG]

I got my copy of the book on Quebec's metal history earlier this week (got the numbered edition and I'm -84'- :D ),
    I'm learning tons of stuff about the scene, particularly about the proto metal period, it's fascinating.

25. Bitterpill

Bitterpill Comment King

Name:
    Erik
    Instagram:
    bitterpillbox
    Metal.
    I am jealous. I would buy one if you can score another copy...even if I don't know French. I did a bit of searching, and it looks like they were only available at the shows ?

Nice tune from Sex. The sampler/sequencer in me hears samples in that tune :shock: