Bandai Mini Bullmark Collection Box

Discussion in 'Vintage Vinyl' started by badteethcomics, May 22, 2014.

1. badteethcomics

badteethcomics Post Pimp

Name:
    Glenn
    Instagram:
    badteethcomics
    Can anybody shed some light on this collection for me? From what I can see on the back of the box these are PVC.. Are they all one piece figures? Were they re-sculpted for this release or were they cast from the micro sofubi release molds?

The box art is awesome and the paint looks great for such tiny figures! I'd like to know a little more about the set before it lands on my shelves.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

2. The Moog

The Moog Die-Cast

Yeah, i've seen these online a few times and wondered about them . . . they look pretty cool.

Mandarake says PVC.
    http://www.mandarake.co.jp/information/ ... 1/12cmp04/

Google translate:

Bandai Ultraman Bullmark collection box
    Masterpiece of HG series heyday . It was this collection box Burumaaku monster items of Bandai brand following the Burumaaku soul
    reprint of standard size , which was launched with Toho monster series in the first half of the 1990s , was released later was released in 2002 .
    Wild Things set of PVC of molding obtained by reducing the standard size as the original was in 25 body .
    Content lineup Q, Man , from Seven in 24 full-color body is Burumaaku according to standard size .
    One body is the assortment of fake Ultraman standard size of M1 issue made ​​, this has also been painted in the initial color of M1 issue .
    There was also a set that is useful initially as a mascot collection

Closer pics here:
    http://page10.auctions.yahoo.co.jp/jp/a ... m120929706

http://blogs.yahoo.co.jp/tirusonia/5471 ... relatedCat

3. scobot

scobot Addicted

flickr:
    scottvan
    I have this set ... they are rubbery, have excellent detail and paint as per the original standards. They fill out some of my crammed shelves nicely as they come up to a minis knee or there abouts.

Found this pic in my flicker - There is a Kanegon Zetton and king Joe from this set at the front

[​IMG]

rattanicus likes this.
  4. badteethcomics

badteethcomics Post Pimp

Name:
    Glenn
    Instagram:
    badteethcomics
    Awesome! Thanks for the information guys :) I'm glad that the details are upto scratch! I'll post some pics in this thread when they arrive next week!

5. plastichunter

plastichunter Mini Boss

Name:
    Connell
    [​IMG]

I love shelves like this. Where's the skeleton guy from? Oh, and the Bearbrick also?

6. Kingboy D

Kingboy D Comment King

Name:
    Myles
    I own this set too. It is a great set with great detail for the size of the figures. But on that topic, please note that these figures are SMALL!! I think they are only about 1" tall. So in terms of display, most of people I know who own this just display the set in the box. Otherwise, they are liable to fall over and get lost. Mine is just in storage. (Actually, I bought a second set for my kids to play with, but most of the figures are now in the garbage after they kept leaving them on the floor to become chew toys for the dogs. ARGH!!!! Why do I buy these kids anything?!?!)

Oh, and I don't know if they are really PVC. They are a softer plastic than most PVC I encounter, and in answer to one of your original questions, they are a single piece each (no movable parts).

7. toothaction

toothaction Team Tsubu Staff Member

Name:
    David
    flickr:
    toothaction
    Instagram:
    thebeautifulpuffin
    I used to keep mine in a candy dish on my coffee table. Always prompted fun conversations.

Somewhere on here is a pic of the complete set displayed in a smallish Ikea box frame. I've not been able to find it again, but have meant to copy the idea ever since I saw it.

8. badteethcomics

badteethcomics Post Pimp

Name:
    Glenn
    Instagram:
    badteethcomics
    Nice display ideas.. that box frame pic would be good to see if you ever find it!! I think Daiso have some long clear display boxes that would be good for a whole row of these guys. On a side note, they also work well as risers for other figures!

9. Mr. Humphreys

Mr. Humphreys Mini Boss

10. Kingboy D

Kingboy D Comment King

Name:
    Myles

Here it is:

viewtopic.php?f=17&t=12921&p=612809&hilit=bullmark#p612809

11. badteethcomics

badteethcomics Post Pimp

Name:
    Glenn
    Instagram:
    badteethcomics
    They're all awesome but here's a couple of favourites.. It's kind of amazing how well these are sculpted and painted considering the size of them.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

12. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    Oh wow! I always thought that set was the same size as the Bandai Legend of Bullmark toys. So they're even smaller? Damn I'd love to own those to fill in small spaces. Slightly off topic: was there ever a Ultraseven made in the Bandai Legend of Bullmark size (minis)? I've been looking for one of those forever.

13. toothaction

Name:
    David
    flickr:
    toothaction
    Instagram:
    thebeautifulpuffin
    ^^^ Yes, as part of series 4 or 5. They also did an itty-bitty one for the micros box.

The line was called Soul of Bullmark, by the way.

edit: U7 was actually part of the 2nd blind box series. What that means is clarified in my post below.

14. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

flickr:
    lixx
    Ahh so Bandai did the Soul of Bullmark and Iwakura did Bullmark Legends? It's hard to keep track of all these modern day minis and CT only has a partial list I think. I know Roger started a checklist at one point:

http://www.skullbrain.org/bb/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=39606

15. toothaction

Name:
    David
    flickr:
    toothaction
    Instagram:
    thebeautifulpuffin
    The Tsuburaya shrinkies are a lot easier to track down to completion than then the Toho ones, as there weren't any chases or festival-only variants.

They made 3 series of gachas under the Bullmark Soul name - ブルマァク魂
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

And two blind box series, as True Bullmark Soul - 真ブルマァク魂
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    Click the pics for individual snaps of the blind box minis.

33 toys altogether, plus the box of 25 micro shrinkies that started out this thread.

16. badteethcomics

badteethcomics Post Pimp

Name:
    Glenn
    Instagram:
    badteethcomics
    Man I wish I could get my hands on some of those Iwakura figures. I got the idea somewhere that they are vinyl.. is that correct?

17. toothaction

Name:
    David
    flickr:
    toothaction
    Instagram:
    thebeautifulpuffin
    ^^^ Both the Soul and the Legends lines were made in China, but they do a surprisingly excellent job of masquerading as traditional Japanese minis. The Bandias are squeezably soft, while the Iwakuras are firm to the point of being a bit brittle.

I still wish that all of these toys had been more popular - there are still dozens of classic sculpts that I'd love to have in 200円 shrinkie form. Best gimmick ever.
    A little less amazing, perhaps, for them just being computer-assisted reductions of existing larger sculpts; but they're certainly no less pleasing in hand for it.

Nice pics, by the way!

18. badteethcomics

badteethcomics Post Pimp

Name:
    Glenn
    Instagram:
    badteethcomics
    Ahhh I always assumed they were handmade.. but I guess they were starting to mess around with that crap in 2001-2002 when these guys came out. Another dream shattered

19. Kingboy D

Kingboy D Comment King

Name:
    Myles
    I think you have these reverse. The Iwakuras are of hollow vinyl, and often you assemble them similar to how your larger vinyls are put together (i.e., heat the parts to fit together). The boxed set of minis are solid constructions. Not sure of the materials, but they do bend a little. But I know they are solid because I've seen them ripped apart / chewed be canines.

20. ultrakaiju

ultrakaiju Die-Cast Staff Member

I kind of took his comment to mean the Tsubu figures versus the Toho ones, though I have not noticed this myself. In fact, none are close to what I would describe as 'soft.' If yours are like that David, then that is awesome. I haven't held the Bullmark micros myself, but interpreted them to be solid for sure, and on the harder side, like most cheap gashapon figures, but always thought a bit scrunchy like some Kinnikuman keshi would be sweet!

21. toothaction

Name:
    David
    flickr:
    toothaction
    Instagram:
    thebeautifulpuffin
    How to clarify? Yes, I was referring to the 3" scale toys from both companies: The Bandai Tsuburaya figures are cast in a thicker, softer plastic than the Iwakura Tohos. Both have the same articulation points as their 'real' cousins, and so require the mentioned assembly, and both are hollow. Give your guys a squeeze, Steve, and you'll see what I'm talking about with respect to the materials used.

The Tsuburaya micro reproductions are made of a single piece of solid plastic. Very little give, zero articulation.

22. poysntixels

poysntixels Post Pimp

Name:
    OtherSteve
    Had most of that set once as well as the Iwakura stuff.. both are relatively easy to get on YJ and I was very impressed with how great the detail was without sacrificing overall look and feel. That said, it is truly a bummer to get a couple loose ones that you didn't think you had only to find that a bad web photo disguised the fact that antennas were broken off and tails snapped! Live and learn... hope that all of you have better luck than that!

23. Kingboy D

Kingboy D Comment King

Name:
    Myles
    My apologies - I misread what you wrote. I thought you were comparing these to the minis. :oops:

I never noticed this before, but I just went back and compared the Ultra figures to the Goji / Toho ones, and you are correct. The Toho ones are much more stiff, while the Ultras are nice and soft. Now I don't view the Tohos with as much love as I used to. :cry: Nah, who am I kidding? I still friggin LOVE that set! (Although it still would have been nicer if they were softer.)

As to availability, yeah, I guess the sources dried up a bit. I recall seeing the Toho ones sold in the full boxed sets for pretty cheap on YJ (that is how I finally completed mine). They flooded the auctions. Now I don't recall seeing them that much, just sold individually for stupid prices, considering how much the complete sets used to be.