Superfest 47

Discussion in 'Japan Toys' started by abelincolnjr, Sep 28, 2008.

1. abelincolnjr

abelincolnjr S7 Royalty

2. SAMBA

SAMBA Comment King

Wow- some amazing stuff there- the SK dorol looks even better in those photos- also love those popsoda heads in a can.

3. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

Wow I was just saying that someone should re-release that book the other day.......

4. abelincolnjr

abelincolnjr S7 Royalty

I don't know if those are og's in great condition but they sure look like reissues to me...

5. garadama

garadama Line of Credit

Thanks for sharing, just feel like we are walking around in the show. Thanks
    Hmmm... seems like not a big surprise this year except the M1 huge kanegon.

6. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

Agreed. Damn from the looks of some of the things in those pics, I've got some serious spending to do as it filters down to YJA. I hope the books show up.

7. akum6n

akum6n Vintage

The back cover and spine of the single sheets have "Shikaruna Koubo, publisher" printed on them. I guess these are the dust jackets for the books?

8. jl

jl Line of Credit

what is this guy in the back ??

9. abelincolnjr

abelincolnjr S7 Royalty

I dunno but I want him too ;)

10. kurumonz

kurumonz Side Dealer

It'd just move right to the top of my want list.

11. Lalo

Lalo Mini Boss

this kanegon looking dude looks pissed
    [​IMG]

12. Hank

Hank Mini Boss

Some amazing releases! Hope we see some of them stateside.

13. Zaaier

Zaaier Line of Credit

An 'overdose' of killer toys.

14. JAY

JAY Super Deformed

I wouldn't mind scoring this dude...

[​IMG]

15. Nicky G

Nicky G Toy Prince

Trust me Superfest had quite a lot going on... I'm sure more pics will go up soon. I scored two Dream Rocket one-offs, incl. a Dead Presidents hand-paint. Sickness. The hand-paints Shikaruna had were sick but I didn't get to the show until late so did not score one. But, we did get to see them being painted and assembled two nights earlier at Shikaruna, so that was cool. heheh. I also got the Blobpus blind bag of small dudes, and then got the header card autographed with a little illustration by Mr. Blobpus himself. Not too shabby. ;)

16. Joe

Joe Die-Cast

Drool...
    So many beautiful toys.

17. kichigai

kichigai Removed by request

anyone have info on this new target earth creature? looks sorta like an evil dryad.

[​IMG]

18. sumatra71

sumatra71 Super Deformed

Damn, I want some of those cool looking ghosties in the background of this Marmit booth shot...!!! GID...? ? ?

[​IMG]

19. kichigai

those are neat almost didn't see them! remind me of the
    vintage AVON "Gilroy the Ghost" soft vinyl figure from
    the 70s.

very cool stuff.

20. abelincolnjr

abelincolnjr S7 Royalty

The target earth blog google translates his name to Hibi the keeper of hell. I guess he' s supposed to be a demon but youre right he looks more like a mean tree.

21. akum6n

akum6n Vintage

Its name is actually "Gate Guard Crack (Kurakku)."

The part picked up by Google translation is the Japanese equivalent of the intended name: Hell's gatekeeper, "Hibi." The "Hibi" part confused me, but that term can mean 'crack' or 'fissure' in Japanese. He is, literally, a crack.

It's an original design, but the blog says that it is intended to be a homage to a 1980s candy toy. Kinda reminds me of the Necros no Yousai candy toys by Lotte.

22. Lixx

Lixx Mr. Grumpy™

Daniel dropping knowledge all over this place.........you're like a dream team member of team kaiju!

23. kichigai

thanks for info guys, its a great looking monster.

24. Clone666

Clone666 Toy Prince

That Giger Alien is off the freakin' chain!

25. abelincolnjr

abelincolnjr S7 Royalty

Im more excited about the spacemen behind him :)