Hukkokudo Tetran/Beralgon...

Discussion in 'Japan Toys' started by Roger, Oct 31, 2007.

1. Roger

Roger Vintage

...or whatever their original names were. Just found them on YJA:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. bansheebot

bansheebot Super Deformed

Saw these on eBay the other day. Gargamel must be so thrilled.

3. Frank Kozik

Frank Kozik Mini Boss

are these 9" full size?

4. BloodDrinker6969

BloodDrinker6969 Die-Cast

From what I understand yeah, and they're retardly cool!

5. akum6n

akum6n Vintage

They should be standard size, made by Hukkokudo.

6. Roger

Roger Vintage

The Hukkokudo Zagoran is actually a little taller than "standard size," 23 cm. I don't have it in front of me but it's closer to 30 cm, not quite "giant size" but getting there. These guys might be the same.

7. liquidsky

liquidsky Vintage

I liked the Hukkokudo Smoguns and Hedorahs but these seem kind of crude to me.
    Just doesn't scale up well or the sculpt isn't amazing enough to have such a large figure.

8. BloodDrinker6969

So here's my question, pardon my ignorance, were there original ones this big of these dudes like Zag and the Smogun?

9. Roger

Roger Vintage

As far as I know, everything Hukkokudo makes is a reissue of a vintage toy, so yes.

10. BloodDrinker6969

That's what I figured, cool. I like the nasty roughness of these 2. I gotta catch up on some Hukkokudo stuff, I really like the sculpts and some of the color ways, just too much other stuff going on.

11. plover

plover S7 Royalty

I laid off the Hukkokudo stuff myself until recently buying one of the painted clear Hedorans. On getting it home I immediately fell in love with it and proceeded to grab the Black Sludge version that just came out as well.

I personally don't care for the Tetran or Beralgon but have always been a huge fan of the Hedoran. Now if only I could find myself a vintage one...

12. can we get a picture of your painted clear hedoran??

13. liquidsky

liquidsky Vintage

The painted clear is clear with blue accent paint, right?

I saw the Sludge one and paused. Have the two original colourways and can't running all of these standard size figures. PK has a clear Smog if I remember correctly.

And now I think there's two orange clear Smogs from Hukkokudo.

So six standard Smogs and four standard Hedorahs.. Flooding the market.

14. 3x3is9

3x3is9 Addicted

Here are a few more pics.. from the lucky boxs.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

15. liquidsky

liquidsky Vintage

I can't tell the difference between the two sludges, one silver accent and one gold accent? So hard to pick just one or two.

16. onibaba5

onibaba5 Post Pimp

Wow the colorways are pretty nice on these . 'I thought I saw pics somewhere of the vintage versions of the new fellas...I'll have to dig.

17. liquidsky

liquidsky Vintage

Yeah, I went with the vintage colourways. Close as I'll ever come to touching one.

18. joshuajh

joshuajh Administrator Staff Member

i like the concept of gargamel making 'cute' versions of these fugly old ones, but straight re-issues of these seem just too crude, like they were sculpted with a 'who cares, get that thing out the door!' attitude, which since theyre bootlegs, i assume they were. i can get into the hedorah and the smogun one kind of, the tetran & beralgon are just not up my alley, i suppose.

did anyone ever hear anything about the 'mosugon 2' that was supposed to be part of the lucky boxes or something like that?

19. Paulkaiju

Paulkaiju Mini Boss

If you get lucky bag A or B you can pre order "Mosugon 2" with an included coupon.

20. plover

plover S7 Royalty

21. joshuajh

joshuajh Administrator Staff Member

i see. so nobody has seen it yet then?

22. wing_clipper

wing_clipper Post Pimp

wow! that hedoran fucking rules/ .. never seen it before.

23. Paulkaiju

Paulkaiju Mini Boss

Nope. I highly anticipate this one.

24. meary

meary Addicted

25. Roger

Roger Vintage

Oh, that's awesome, thanks for posting those links!

Does anyone know about the genealogy of these two characters? Were they also from the Sekaino Kaiju book like Zagora and (not sure of the name) Mightin?