No more V-Color from KT???

Discussion in 'Custom Toys and Fan Art' started by kurumonz, Apr 18, 2009.

1. kurumonz

kurumonz Side Dealer

Just noticed that Kaiju Taro's not selling V-Color to overseas buyer?
    Seems like V-color only appears in Japanese language and not English.
    Is this a glitch or what?
    Anyone?

2. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

hopefully they want to put a stop to the desecration that is going on over here.

3. D-Lux

D-Lux Line of Credit

Might just be a glitch, I just got a bunch this week... hmmm

Oh you can add it to your cart in Japanese, then switch over to English to check out...

4. motorbot

motorbot Addicted

there's hms

i've missed you man

whoa, just for the record i typed in "h m s"

i didn't know that was going to show up

5. REdYOdA

REdYOdA Comment King

They're just afraid of the brainers mad skills.

I was just talking to Joe about this at ICFSB, here is an email I received from KT 2 days ago...

"Because of the New Aeronautic Law,
    we can not ship V color & spray paint to over seas.

We are so sorry. Please understand it"

6. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

"Aeronautic" sounds like fancy Japanese lawyertalk for 'leave our toys alone'

7. D-Lux

D-Lux Line of Credit

Super... I guess I'll just use up the colors I have and sell my airbrush...

8. Rich

Rich Die-Cast

Wow, so it it true. This is wild news, looks like its back to the drawing board for paint now.

9. Anonymous

Anonymous Guest

not that i condone any of this, but could they ship it by boat?

10. Rich

Rich Die-Cast

Yes, you condone it :)

I dont think USPS does this anymore. I only say this as I overheard the person in front of me at the post asking last week. I don't know if any other services use boat fro non commercial accounts. Besides it would take forever to get the shipment in. You would need to actually order a boat loads worth :)

It sucks for many, but we will see what others come up with now. I have a hook up who will send me paint from Japan still so I think I'm set thank god, but I still think that I will now start looking for additional paints. I have had some people tell me about some amazing waterbased paint that bonds just as well. We have seen some examples on this board and I bet no one even knew it wasn't V-color.

If Pushead, Mike Sutfin, Bwana etc. can make amazing paint apps without V I know its possible.

Laws are laws, we just now have try to adapt. We all knew this was gonna happen in the long run anyways ever since the whole China lead paint issue ... yeah ... thanks China for fucking it all up.

Time we team up and see what the next best paint. Experiment and see what the findings are.

11. toybotstudios

toybotstudios Die-Cast

hmmmm....

this is unfortunate. Anyone know of a way to get V-Color in country, lemme know.

12. OsirisOrion

OsirisOrion Toy Prince

Name:
    Rob
    Instagram:
    dead_eyes_open
    this seriously sucks, just got my 1st batch of v-color from KT and needed to order a few more colors.. /sigh

13. Anti Social Andy

Anti Social Andy Die-Cast

Shhhhh . . . stop giving 'em ideas!

14. Joe

Joe Die-Cast

I'm gonna start reselling V-Color.

15. hellopike

hellopike S7 Royalty

Name:
    Phil
    Instagram:
    Hellopike
    Aw man, I just got an order in 8 days ago, and I went light on the colors because I figured I'd go wild on the next order. Damn. If we can't get V-Color anymore, the painters here are going to have to come together and figure this out. Lash, what is this other paint you've heard about? Robert DeCastro mentioned a paint that was similar to V-color as well. This really, really sucks. especially since I've got more then a couple pieces that need painting. TIme to investigate new options.

damn. Worst news in a while. Customs will be fewer and further between I guess.

damn

Phil

16. Anti Social Andy

Anti Social Andy Die-Cast

Coincidence that it came to pass virtually the same day as the ICFSB show . . . maybe, maybe not . . . ya buncha toy spoilers! ;)

17. D-Lux

D-Lux Line of Credit

Too bad for KT tho... I bet they made ALOT of money off US, and other International V-Color sales...

It's not like they were really following laws anyway... I'd order $200 in paint, and thinner, and the 15lb box said "toy" on it... So....

18. 3x3is9

3x3is9 Addicted

flickr:
    grumbletoy
    Instagram:
    grumbletoy
    :lol: Thats right. I don't think it's been legal for a long time.
    I know I've had paint and thinner removed by customs in the past.
    They probably just finally got some heat for it.

That stinks though...

19. redhanded

redhanded Side Dealer

just for HMS

[​IMG]

20. OsirisOrion

OsirisOrion Toy Prince

Name:
    Rob
    Instagram:
    dead_eyes_open
    The only water based paint I can think of is createx, which I have and still do use on vinyl. The only problem with createx is if you dont use primer, some colors tend to rub off easily like black. But the upside is createx is pre-thinned right out of the bottle and ready to shoot. either way if you use primer or not you definitley need to clear coat your project when you are done.

I used tamiya before on vinyl with no primer and it adheres well, and i have thinned it with windex. for some reason windex makes tamiya shoot super smooth versus using tamiya's thinner or water. also like createx you need to shoot some clear coat to protect the paint.

don't know if many people know this but you can use future floor wax as a clear coat! It's airbrush ready out the bottle, but that will give you a gloss coat. I believe if you thin it with tamiya thinner or tamiya clear it will give you a matt coat

The only other water based paint I can think about is AV Vallejo ( i think thats how its spelled) I havent personally used it, but it comes in a ton of colors, perals and transparents.

21. D-Lux

D-Lux Line of Credit

createx is okay for kaiju, but it flows really weird... It seem super sensative to air pressure changes, plus when doing very fine lines the paint tends to blow out if your doing tight work...

I always clear my pieces with krylon crystal. makes it nice and smooth, NEVER gets tacky, dries in 1 mins... Only time I use a pourable clear is if I'm mixing it with a pearl, or flake...

Have some more RxH coming in this week... might try some createx.... washes off with water so win win if I hate it

22. OsirisOrion

OsirisOrion Toy Prince

Name:
    Rob
    Instagram:
    dead_eyes_open
    hey D, I hear ya on the blow out thing with createx, but with me it seems to happen with any paint in my iwata hp-c+. I have an eclipse bcr bottom feed and i havent had a blow out yet, only thing is that it doesnt go down to as fine of a line as the hp-c.

OK, so i did some research and I think this paint to replace v-color is AV Vallejo. from what is posted on their site, it seems to be a kick ass paint.. here's the link

http://www.acrylicosvallejo.com/

you can buy the stuff at michigan toy soldier, they have every color and all the thinners and mediums, also if you sign up for their mailing list you get a vip number and 10% off every order which is cool

http://www.michtoy.com

gotta love google ^_^

23. D-Lux

D-Lux Line of Credit

The problem with the Createx blowout is, you need to use like 40 PSI to get it to flow smooth... Since it's such a high PSI it seems createx blows out easier... with the vcolor its so thin, you can knock it down to 10 15 psi for close work... Only thing I noticed, and I'm sure it's my compressor, is that I need to clear my air separator often...

I'll have to try this stuff... that place is by my house...

I'll let ya know how it is

24. OsirisOrion

OsirisOrion Toy Prince

Name:
    Rob
    Instagram:
    dead_eyes_open
    sweet, if this stuff is what they say it is..we might have a winner :D

25. rhinomilk

rhinomilk Vintage

Name:
    Cuntface
    ordered some v-color from here 2.5 years ago.... looks like they're still in business with the V-color (looks like they're out for golden week though). hope i didn't blow anyone's spot!

http://www.rainbowten.co.jp