Daily Customs #4 2 For Tuesday

Discussion in 'Custom Toys and Fan Art' started by hellopike, Jun 3, 2008.

1. hellopike

hellopike S7 Royalty

Name:
    Phil
    Instagram:
    Hellopike
    Its double-shot Tuesday, and I have to run to work:

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

This was a experiment in splatter technique as well as a but of an homage to a LASH custom I saw once.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The second custom of the day is the only non-Secretbase figure in this set of daily customs. I wanted to go with a Pacific Giant Octopus color scheme. Its simple, but I likes it.

Check out lunatic-f.com for a preview of the final figure I have to post!

thanks for looking.

Phil

2. scottygee

scottygee Comment King

I like that the splatter on the skullwing is coming up from underneath...like it came from a chainsawed victim, or something, but that really seems to be the only thing that it has going for it...not as big a fan of this one as the others.

Regarding the Squirm, if you were going for minimalism, you hit the mark...it seems to be "just another colorway", and one that doesn't really trip my trigger...now, if you made it look like it was made from terracotta I might change my tune...

It seems like these last two were rushed or something...they just seem a little incomplete to me...however, all in all, you've done a very nice job in painting these figures and you should definitely keep up the good work!

Scott

3. ribbon controller

ribbon controller S7 Royalty

flickr:
    ribboncontroller
    Instagram:
    slavexone
    I think the squirm needs the flash symbol on his chest

4. Rich

Rich Die-Cast

pretty close

[​IMG]

5. backtrack

backtrack S7 Royalty

I definitely like these better that yesterday's.
    A great, evil 'wing!
    I really like Lash's, but this one looks more evil and less planned splatter, like he's killed one, and off for more, Lash's looks like he's finished for the day with about 90 bodies behind him.
    He reminds me of some horror film, just can't place which one....

And I like the simplicity of the Squirm, the dots and suckers are great.
    The yellow on the back makes me think colour change. A touch of green in the middle of that yellow might accentuate that.

Looking back, it would need more, harder yellow, which might kill it... ignore me... :roll:

6. logang1

logang1 Mini Boss

That Squirm's tentacles need to be lopped off, and placed in the fish display on a sushi bar.

7. sumatra71

sumatra71 Super Deformed

Instagram:
    sumatra71
    damn, that skullwing fucking rocks...!!!

as does the LASH custom of course but I think they look very different color wise... they would look really great sitting side by side in someone's collection for sure...

total bloodlust...

8. hellopike

hellopike S7 Royalty

Name:
    Phil
    Instagram:
    Hellopike
    Fair enough, Its has two shades of green splatter in it too. But I suppose its not for everyone.

I've still got another Squirm (from my failed attempt at a Blue-Ringed Octopus colorway) so maybe I'll go crazy on that one. Only time will tell.

Well, with the Squirm, I definitely had a plan when I painted it. I knew exactly how I wanted it to look. I appreciate that you think it looks like a possible colorway that would be released. The Skullwing I knew what I wanted to try, but I hadn't any idea what it was going to look like when it was finished. It was a little more spur of the moment.

=)
    Hope you don't mind Lash. ;)
    I tried to get the blood more on one side, rather then an all over, and less uniform for that "just killed" look.
    In real life, the back is a little more orange... I tried for it to look like eyespots on the back of it.

Haha. Maybe I'll send him off to my favorite sushi place and see how they like him.

I hope to get a mean Lash custom at some point, in fact I'd like to have lots of customs from lots of people for a one of a kind collection.

Do you paint Sumatra?

Phil

9. Arin C.

Arin C. Line of Credit

Name:
    Arin
    Instagram:
    arincap
    I'd be happy to have either of those wing's on my shelf, they are both cool
    LASH's is definitely more intense though, gotta love that red!